- 1 Welcome
- 2 Mukhuwa and Mushumo
- 3 Phalaphala
- 4 About Phalaphala
- 5 Categories and interwiki links
- 6 main page now unlocked
- 7 Interface needs to be translated.
- 8 Article creation
- 9 Venda special characters
- 10 Typing in Venda
- 11 Translating the interface to TshiVenda
- 12 Favor to ask
- 13 Translate
- 14 Phindulo (Answer)
- 15 100 articles
- 16 Translated logo for this wiki
Thanks for your contributions to this wiki!
If you need any assistance, please contact me. The quickest way might be E-Mail.
Thanks again and keep on the good work! --Johannes Rohr 20:20, 15 February 2007 (UTC)
Mukhuwa and Mushumo[edit source]
Can you confirm that these articles, which have been added by IPs are legitimate content? Thanks, --Johannes Rohr 08:29, 16 February 2007 (UTC)
... does probably not mean "Venda language" but is the name of a radio station, right? If so, the interwiki links were broken. --Johannes Rohr 13:44, 16 February 2007 (UTC)
About Phalaphala[edit source]
Phalaphala is a radio station that broadcast in Venda language.
I just say that if you wana listen to the venda language on air, you can tune to phalaphala FM.
Dear Ralinala, I'm deeply impressed by the recent surge of activity here.
However, to increase the visibility and usability, some basic conventions of the wikisphere should be observed right from the beginning. The sooner the better!
- Each page should at least have one interwiki link to the corresponding English wikipedia arcticle. e.g. in an article Afurika the following code makes the interwiki link to en:Afrika appear on the lower left edge of the screen:
[[en:Africa]]If you have difficulties, setting these links, I can do it for you if you leave the English translation of the page name somewhere.
- Each page should be member of at least one Category
- Well, the Interface should be translated to Venda, I would say, this should be a priority. If you would like to do so, drop me a note, you will need admin access for that. See m:Help:How_to_start_a_new_Wikipedia#Translate_the_interface
I think the main page should be editable for you by now, is my assumption correct? --Johannes Rohr 22:11, 17 February 2007 (UTC)
main page now unlocked[edit source]
Hi Ralinala, I have now unlocked the Main Page, so everybody can edit it, including unregistered and new users. Whether it can be left unlocked, depends on the frequency of vandalism it is subjected to. --Johannes Rohr 22:04, 18 February 2007 (UTC)
Interface needs to be translated.[edit source]
sorry for nagging you again, but moving Talk:Main Page to Ambani:Hayani is not enough to translate the interface. The proper Venda names for things like the Main page, the talk page etc. have to be edited in Special:Allmessages. For this you need admin access. Please go to m:Requests for permissions to request it. Meanwhile I have done this for Main Page -> Hayani and Talk -> Ambani.
However, this does not affect the names of Name spaces like Talk:, Wikipedia:, Portal: etc. Renaming them takes more technical effort. Simply moving a page does not work. --Johannes Rohr 17:16, 19 February 2007 (UTC)
Article creation[edit source]
Hi, for articles about countries, and some other things, a en:WP:BOT can be used to generate articles from a list of translations and a template. If you would like to learn more about this, contact me here or here. - en:User:Francis Tyers 17:54, 19 February 2007 (UTC)
Venda special characters[edit source]
I understand, Venda has the special characters ḓḽṋṱṅ
It seems you are omitting them, is there any reason for that?--Johannes Rohr 19:02, 19 February 2007 (UTC)
Typing in Venda[edit source]
Unfortunately I don't know Venda well enough, so I'll use English/Afrikaans. I see that none of the articles are using Vena diacritics. Do you know of http://translate.org.za/ that made a keyboard to type all the languages of South Afrika? You can download the software and instructions for free, or order a CD. Check out this page: http://translate.org.za/content/view/24/41/ It also has a font that ensures that your computer can display all the characters. Then you are in Venda heaven (ḽiṱaḓulu) :-)
Ongelukkig ken ek nie Venda goed genoeg nie, daarom gebruik ek maar Engels/Afrikaans. Ek sien dat geen van die artikels die Venda diakritiese tekens gebruik nie. Weet u van die werk van http://translate.org.za/ wat 'n sleutelbord gemaak het om al die tale van Suid-Afrika te tik? Mens kan die sagteware en instruksies gratis aflaai, of 'n CD bestel. Sien hierdie bladsy: http://translate.org.za/content/view/24/41/ Dit het ook 'n font wat verseker dat mens se rekenaar al die karakters kan vertoon. Dan is mens in Vendahemel (ḽiṱaḓulu) :-)
Translating the interface to TshiVenda[edit source]
If you would like to have the Wiki interface fully in your language, you can translate the following system messages. I will enter them in Special:Allmessages. If you don't have time for a full translation, just translate the essential messages. Any translations will be greatly appreciated! Thanks, --Johannes Rohr 16:37, 19 April 2007 (UTC)
Here are the messages:
- Main Page = Siarati la u ranga
- Community portal = Vhethu ha vhathu
- Current events = migidi ya zwino
- Recent changes = Tshnduko dza zwino
- Random page = siatari linwe na linwe
- Help = Thuso
- Donations = mpho
- Navigation = utshimbila hothe
- Search = Todani
- Toolbox = Tshibogisi tsha zwishumiswa
- Go = Iyani phanda
- Search = Todani
- What links here = Ndi mini tshi tumaho afha
- Related changes = Tshanduko dzi re na vhushaka
- Upload file = Dzhenisa faela
- Special pages = Siatari la vhuthogwa
- Printable version = zwino phirinthea
- Permanent link = U tumana ha tshithe
- Cite this article = sumbedzani itshi tshipida
- Article = tshipida
- Discussion = haseledzani
- Edit = shandukisani
- History = Divha zwa kale
- Move = Tshimbila
- Protect = Mushumo/prodzheke
- Watch = watshi
- Delete = Thutha
- My talk = u amba hanga
- My preferences = wzine nda funa
- My watchlist =
- My contributions = Zwibvisiwa zwa nga
- Log in = dzhenani
- Log out = ibvani
- Create Account = Itani akhauthu
- Create an account = Itani akhauthu
- January = Phando
- February = Luhuhi
- March = Thafamuwe
- April = Lambamai
- May = Shundunhule
- June = Fulwi
- July = Fulwana
- August = Thangule
- September = Khubvumedzi
- October = Tshimedzi
- November = Lara
- December = Nyendavhusiku
- Sunday = Sondaha
- Monday = Musumbuluwo
- Tuesday = Lavhuvhili
- Wednesday = Lavhuraru
- Thursday = Lavhuna
- Friday = Lavhutanu
- Saturday = Mugivhela
- Username = dzina la mushumisi
- Password = ipfi la u dzhena
- Retype password = nwalani hafhu ipfi la u dzhena
- Email = imeili
- Move page = tshimbidza siatari
- To new title = uya kha tshipida tshiswa
- Reason = khwathisedzo
- Watch this page = sedzani ili siatari
- Remember my login on this computer = humbula uri ndi dzhe kha iyi khomuphwutha
- Email Password = ipfi la udzhena la imeili
- Message = Mulaedza
- Special = zwandeme
- User Contributions = nyito dza mushumisi
- Email this user = rumela imeili uyu mushumisi
- View Source = sedzani vhubvo
- Summary = pfufhifhadzo
- Save page = vhulunga siatari
- Show preview = sumbedza mbonelo
- Show changes = sumbedza tshanduko
- Cancel = ulitshani
- Editing Help = Thuso ya ushandukisa
- This is a minor edit = ndi tshanduko thukhu
- System messages = milaedza ya mutevhe
- Not logged in = a no nge dzhena
- All pages = masiatiri othe
- last = zwakale
- current = zwazwino
- In other languages = nga dzinwe nyambo
- The following pages link to this file: = ?
- The following pages link to $1: = ?
- Login error = ?
- Login Required = ?
- Login successful = ?
- You are now logged in to Wikipedia as "$1". = ?
- You must $1 to view other pages. = ?
- You are now logged out.
You can continue to use Wikipedia anonymously, or you can log in again as the same or as a different user. Note that some pages may continue to be displayed as if you were still logged in, until you clear your browser cache. = ?
- Please note that all contributions to Wikipedia are considered to be released under the $2 (see $1 for details). If you don't want your writing to be edited mercilessly and redistributed at will, then don't submit it here.
You are also promising us that you wrote this yourself, or copied it from a public domain or similar free resource. DO NOT SUBMIT COPYRIGHTED WORK WITHOUT PERMISSION! = ?
- Please note that all contributions to Wikipedia may be edited, altered, or removed by other contributors. If you don't want your writing to be edited mercilessly, then don't submit it here.
You are also promising us that you wrote this yourself, or copied it from a public domain or similar free resource (see $1 for details). DO NOT SUBMIT COPYRIGHTED WORK WITHOUT PERMISSION! = ?
- You have $1 items on your watchlist, including talk pages. = ?
- Please $1 to view or edit items on your watchlist. = ?
- all = zwothe
- Show my edits = Sumbedzani tshunduko dzanga
- Show minor edits = Sumbedzani tshunduko thukhu
- Hide my edits = Dzumbani tshunduko dzanga
- Hide minor edits = Dzumbani tshunduko thukhu
- Watching... = ?
- View discussion = Sedzani khaseledzo
- View deleted pages = Sedzani masiatari o thuthiwaho
- Username entered already in use. Please choose a different name. = Dzina la mushumisi lo dzhenaho li khou shuma. Nangani dzina linwe
- New Messages = Mulaedza muswa
Favor to ask[edit source]
At the English Wikipedia there are no templates for Venda speakers. Can you translate the following into Venda?
This user does not understand Venda (or understands it with great difficulty). Mushumisi ha pfesesi tshi-Venda
This user is able to contribute with a basic level of Venda. Mushumisi u khou thusa nga tshi-Venda tsha fhasi
This user is able to contribute with an intermediate level of Venda. Mushumisi u khou thusa nga tshi-Venda tsha vhukati
This user is able to contribute with an advanced level of Venda. Mushumisi u khou thusa nga tshi-Venda tsha ntha
This user speaks Venda at a near-native level. Mushimisi u amba tshi-Venda tsha vhukumakuma
This user is a native speaker of Venda. Mushumisi ndi mu-Venda
Thanks in advance. Sahmeditor 19:30, 28 October 2007 (UTC)
- Also, sorry for bothering you, but can you translate the following?
"Austin, Texas is a city in the United States of America. It has 709,893 inhabitants."
Sorry, I wanna help here, can you translate this to me? Barcelona is a city of Spain, it has 3333 inhabitants. Thanks. --Jeneme 15:18, 21 November 2007 (UTC)
Phindulo (Answer)[edit source]
Barcelona ndi mudi (kana dorobo) wa Spain, henefha hu na vhadzulapo vha 3333.
100 articles[edit source]
Congratulations Ralinala on writing what I think was the 100th article on the Venda Wikipedia - Giyani! It's great to see all the new activity here. I'd love to do an interview with you. If you're keen, you can email me by clicking on my username, and choosing 'E-mail this user' on the left nav. Greenman 09:03, 13 December 2007 (UTC)
Translated logo for this wiki[edit source]
Hello! We have noticed that your wiki's current logo is not translated. We are trying to help Wikipedias get a localised logo, by taking the technical difficulties on us. We currently don't know how to translate "Wikipedia" and "The Free Encyclopedia" to the language of this wiki: it would be really helpful if you could just add the correct translations to the list of logos or tell us on its talk. When we have them, we'll create and enable the logo for you. Feel free to translate this message and to move/copy/forward it where appropriate. Thanks, Nemo 01:46, 16 March 2013 (UTC)